Directions and accommodations
How to get to Grenoble:
By train: The Gare de Grenoble (the main train station) is within walking distance of the city centre.
By plane: There are three airports from which it's easy to reach Grenoble.
- Paris: Aéroport de Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle. From CDG, take a TGV to Grenoble. This takes about four hours and costs from 60 to 120 EUR.
- Lyon: Aéroport de Lyon-Saint-Exupery. From from this airport, you have two options.
- Take the bus. This takes about one hour and costs around 15 EUR.
- Take the train. This takes about one hour and costs around 30 EUR.
- Geneva: Aéroport international de Genève. From this airport, you have two options.
- Take the train. This takes from two to three hours and costs around 30 EUR.
- Take the bus. This takes a bit less than three hours and costs around 35 euros.
Note that, if you are arriving via Lyon or Geneva, carsharing may be a more economical solution. The one-hour trip from Saint-Exupéry costs around 7 EUR; the two-hour trip from Geneva costs around 14 EUR.
How to get to the CPM:
The easiest way to get from the city centre to the university campus is to take line B or line C of the tramway. To get to the CPM, get off at the station « Condillac-Universités » and then walk.
A map of the tramway is available here.
A map of the campus is available here.
For directions to a specific venue, see the page for the relevant event.
Where to stay in Grenoble:
Here are some suggested hotels, ordered roughly from more to less expensive.
On the university campus:
- In the city centre: